Monday 8 June 2009

Scottish Football Has Lost A Saint

This morning when I got to college I done my usual thing and log on to a couple of the forums I use. Only to learn that Dumbarton's captain Gordon Lennon has been tragically killed in a motor accident. Now I have only seen him play once when I was over at the Rock one weekend can't remember who they were playing but was fully impressed by Lennon, he wasn't just a decent lower league player but he was a saint. He always had time for the fans and from my visit it was clear that he was well liked by the fans.

I have read a lot on the forums and even from that it is clear that Lennon wasn't just liked by Dumbarton fans but all the supporters that seen him enjoyed his footballing skill and those who had the pleasure of knowing him and talking about him have all said the same thing that he was the friendliest person they have known. What makes this more tragic is that Gordon has been taken away from his 5 month old baby.

I would like to pass on my condolences to his friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment