Sunday 3 May 2009

New Stirling Bridge Late and Stirling Albion win too late

Had a good weekend not done much the past couple of days. Yesterday I went out to the opening of the Forthside Bridge that is to link the City centre of Stirling to the new Forthside development which just now consists of a couple of restaurants and a cinema and thats it.

As with everything to do with the Council the bridge has opened a little bit late in fact I think it is around 6 to 8 months late, but better late than never. In all honesty though it was worth the wait as it is truly a stunning design of bridge. At first when I seen the concept drawings of the bridge I was a bit sceptical that it would be a working design. I have always loved the look of it and think it is something to be proud to have in the City. I however am still slightly doubtful about the bridge construction as when I was on it it did feel like there was a little too much movement.
I have uploaded other photos of the bridge over at my flikr page and will set up a link to that once I have worked out how to do it.


Other than the Bridge opening I was keeping up to date with the score from Methil where the Binos were taking on East Fife in the last away game of the season, I couldn't make the game as I didn't have the cash and it looks like I missed a good game as well since we won 3 V 0. It is typical though the week that I miss we win, any way got next week to look forward to where I am sponsoring the game along with members of the supporters club and since it is the last game of the season we are also having the Player of the Year presentation next Saturday.

Today has been another lazy day, no formula 1 this week so just cleaned my wee car fully inside and out so now she looks clean but give it until Wednesday and she will be dirty again. I really hate having a building site across the road nothing can be kept clean. I have also been setting up my dads new toy this weekend, he decided to go and buy a little Acer Aspire One netbook so he could learn how to use a computer which is a great idea but as with everything with computers I was left to set it up and get him connected into my network so he can print of stuff. Didn't take too long to do though after I had to do a system restore as it was an ex display model so it still had some passwords on it that had to be removed done that and now he has a fully functioning netbook with both Linux Linpus and Ubuntu on it. Was going to get him to have Windows XP but since Linux and Ubuntu are a lot safer and not much goes wrong with them I decided that it was a good idea to have them instead of Windows.



No comments:

Post a Comment