Friday 3 April 2009

Drive off's

Not had a good couple of days yesterday my wee Skoda Fellicia was crashed into by someone and one of my indicator units was smashed and some minor body work damage was caused. What made this worse was the person responsable drove off after hitting it and to make it even more annoying it was a Learner Driver who was out with their Driving School. I'm really pissed off about the whole thing as they didn't even have the common decency to contact me or anything. I seen it happen and by the time I got outside they were gone.

I just feel that if this is the sort of driving that is being taught now there will be more cases of people failing to stop at the scene of an accident. So this driver has got away with it and left me out of pocket.

After this incident today I had a visit to my local scrap yard to see if they had a indicator unit and luckily they did, so got that I had my dad with me as well who was looking for a set of distributor points for his old Toyota Hi-Ace camper-van, but with it being over 20 years old Distributor Points are hard to get as everything has moved onto electronics. Now the only real option left is to see if there would be any way to get a set of points of another car, of a similar age. So it looks like my Easter Holidays is going to be spent trailing around all the local scrapyards to see if I can salvage anything that will do the job.

Just about to go to bed to be up ready for the qualifying session of the Malaysian Grand Prix tomorrow. Never seen the practice sessions this morning as I had to take someone to Falkirk and then had to come back to Stirling to go to a meeting so it has been a busy day.

Just a quick prediction for the F1 qualifying

1. Jenson Button
2. Kimi Raikkonen
3. Rubens Barrichello
4. Robert Kubica
5. Felipe Massa

thats my top 5 anyway will just need to wait and see if it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment