Thursday 26 March 2009

Dentists and Regeneration

Not long back from the dentist this morning where I have just had a filling and still require a wee bit more work to get the teeth back into shape. That work will include eiter a repair to a front tooth or getting it pulled out and getting a bridge or a plate made for it. Something I don't want is a plate but at least if I get one I may get a coloured one if that would be possible. At least though my dentist I goto now is a lot better than the one I had a few years ago who is mainly responsable for some of my problems with my teeth, the only downside it is in Falkirk so not ideal but at least it is a NHS dentist who likes to make his patients feel at home. This was the first time I have ever heard a dentist play Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast. So not only a good dentist but also a dentist with a good taste of music as well.

As most of you know I am from the Raploch in Stirling and I would never leave the area, even though it isn't the greatest place in the world but it is home. I have lived here all my life and it has changed dramatically over the years with all the regeneration work that is going on, which is great as finally after years of waiting for the new builds to start they have been going on for a couple of years now and even with the economic down turn that has hit the country most of the properties that are for sale have been sold, now who would of thought that people would buy a house in the Raploch. Which is supposed to be one of the most rundown places in the country that has its fiar share of drink, drug and anti social behaviour problems well I may say that but in reality it is no diffrent to anywhere else in the country OK there are problems but can someone honestly say that areas of this country don't have issues.

At least now as the first decade of the new Mellennium draws to a close things are looking up for the area. We finally have a new Community Campus that has everything for a 21st century Raploch to move on, also new housing in the area, better and safer roads as well. So is this the Raploch finally improving or is it just covering up the true Raploch?

Now you would think I would be happy about the improvments in the area and don't get me wrong I am but the way things are being run by the local organisations in parts isn't good. Some people are not being allowed to access some of the new facilities within the campus and even the road improvment works have been a slight failure giving that in the pedestrian priority area outside the campus on Drip Road is being abused with cars driving up onto the pavements by easilly fitting through the traffic bollards at the edge of the road. Apart from these issues things do llok like they will continue to improve and I hope they do.

The downside to all these improvements and building works is the simple fact right at this second I a large pile driving machine is hammering large piles into the ground over at the building site and everytime it hammers it shakes the house as well as being noisy, just not good when you are supposed to be doing college work.

No comments:

Post a Comment