Saturday 28 March 2009

Qualifying - Rerun

Good afternoon, I should have been saying good morning when I was supposed to be watching the F1 Qualifying Session Live but due to a power cut I was unable to watch the F1 or even log on here to make a wee post. So far today I have managed to avoid most of the news about it but since it is the rerun I won't post my predictions for tomorrows starting line up.

Just over the half way point in Q1 and Lewis Hamilton has just done a good lap in the McLaren, is this a sign that they issues with the car are now resolved or is some false hope for the current world champion.

And as I thought we have a Brawn GP on top of the pile with a lap of 1:25.815 for Rubens Barrichello. Could we see a lap record this weekend?

End of Q1 and I am surprised at the times placed by Brawn GP, I knew they would be fast but not that fast 1:25.006 and a 1:25.211 that is just amazing for a new team. McLaren are just badly off space.

Totally unbelievable it looks like Micheal Shumachers lap record of 1:24.125 is going to go.

Q2 just starting and well this is going to be good. Just noticed that Brawn GP have got a sponsor and it is Virgin, I hope they keep the car looking like it is and don't put the Virgin logo and colours plastered all over it.

Well McLaren are in trouble Lewis has big issues. Drive train issues = not good. Why do McLaren always have trouble with the changes it takes them a while to adapt.

End of Q2 and the Brawns have went even faster. 1:24.783 for Rubens and 1:24.855 for Jenson. It is looking like this season will be very interesting as not only are Brawn doing well but, Williams, Red Bull and Toyota are all faster than the Ferraris and McLaren.

Start of Q3 don't expect any fast laps here as the cars will need to be fueled for the first stint of the race tomorrow and fuel adds weight.

End of Q3 and Jenson Button snatches pole position for tomorrows race right from under the nose of his Brawn team mate Rubens Barrichello both run a 1:26 lap. So a Brawn 1 - 2. Excellent I said I wasn't going to support anyone this year after David Coultard retired but I think it my team may well be Brawn GP. That was the best qualifying session I have seen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment