Saturday 21 March 2009

Welcome to the Gorilla Files

Well thought I would start my very own blog. Use to do this a while ago but kind of forgot about it due to other stuff that was going on in my life. The basics really just now are I go to college, go to the football and that's about it, OK I do some other stuff as well but you should find that out as I write.

Today I made a return to going to Stirling Albion away games after not being able to due to being a poor student. Didn't want to miss today as it was a trip to the Scottish National Stadium, Hampden. We might not have been playing in a cup game or in front of a capacity crowd of 52,000 but a mere crowd of just under 600 against Queens Park. Been there when it is full and the atmosphere is brillient but when it is basically empty it is just too quite for a football stadium. The game was another one where the Binos should have had it won by the end of the first half after the number of chances we had. But for somereason this season we haven't been that great at putting the ball in the back of the net. One of our strikers, David McKenna must either be the most unlucky striker out or one of the worst finnishers as in the first half he could have had a hatrick. By the end of the second half things were worse as we lost 3 v 1 to a poorer side. In the game we had 18 clear chances to score but only scored one of them (well two if you include Martin Grehan's offside strike) compared to Queens Park shots to goal ratio they had three clear chances and scored all of them.

Well with today's defeat it is now clear that we will still be in the second division next season as I don't see us going up even if we did get in to the play offs.

Apart from the football I have been slowely counting down the days until the new Formula 1 season begins in Melborne, Australia. I love the F1 as much the football but I don't have an overall favourite in it. I would say I support Lewis Hamilton just now but before he retired a few seasons ago it was Micheal Shumacher and David Coultard that were the drivers I liked in it but both have now retired from racing so it looks like I will be supporting Hamilton this season however, I don't care who wins the championship, it's the sport I like. This season promisies to be the best in years, especially with the BBC broadcasting it, now we won't have ANY adverts bloody ITV and there ad's every ten minutes at important parts of races. Also we are going back intime as well with the regulations with the reintroduction of propper slick tyres and none of these strange wing/flap/fin/gils areodynamic designs just a proper wing set up no fancy stuff.

Well that's about it from me just now. Just one last thing there are 5 days 1 hour 8 minutes until the F1 season kicks off in Melborne.

No comments:

Post a Comment